New for 2018
Travel to Amsterdam, you will be met and transferred to your ship. If you arrive early why not explore the bustling streets on your own (but look out for the bicycles), or perhaps stay busy by joining one of our optional excursions. This afternoon, board the Avalon Felicity and after a mandatory safety exercise, meet your friendly crew and fellow travellers at a welcome reception.
After breakfast this morning, choose your activity:
* Discover your inner artist by joining a painting class to discover some of the secrets of famous names like Van Gogh, Rembrandt, or Warhol. A warm welcome with coffee, tea, and petit fours sets the tone for this interesting and artistic workshop which is sure to inspire your creativity. Get to work like Van Gogh or paint a self portrait like Rembrandt. Of course, your work of art is yours to take home with you.
* If a more active choice is more appealing: a running tour in Amsterdam is a great way to explore a city. Enjoy the beauty of Amsterdam while burning off a few calories. No need to worry about the pace; we'll take it easy with regular stops at the major sights. The distance is about 7.5 kms (4.6 miles) and a 'running commentary' is provided by experienced runners, all natives of Amsterdam.
* Take a traditional tour of the city's grachten on a canal cruise. Besides providing a stunning backdrop to the city's historical centre, floating down Amsterdam's canals is one of the most memorable ways to discover the city's sights and attractions. After the canal cruise, explore some of the off-the-beaten-track parts of the city with your expert guide.
Return to your ship for an excellent buffet lunch and decide how to spend your afternoon. Perhaps you may wish to venture out and explore more of the city on your own, or join an optional excursion, such as cycling in the Dutch countryside? Tonight's dinner on board reminds you that you are still in Holland and introduces you to some Dutch specialities. Later, sail out of Amsterdam and head for Germany.
Enjoy a peaceful morning on board as you cruise to Xanten, a historic Roman city in the German region of North Rhine Westphalia. The city is known for its archaeological park, it is the only Roman town north of the Alps which has not been built over since the collapse of the Roman Empire. This afternoon, choose your activity:
* Participate in the Roman Games at the Archaeological Park, where you will get first-hand experience of life during the Roman Empire.
* Take part in a Roman clothes workshop. The course provides an opportunity to dress up in genuine Roman attire, even in antiquity it was said, ‘You are what you wear’.
*Enjoy a cycling tour along the Rhine.
Back on board, this evening enjoy a special dinner featuring dishes that were similar to those served in Roman times.
Sorry, we couldn’t find what you were looking for.
We don’t give up that easily, so please try a different departure or give us a call on 0800 668 1843